General Practitioner Vogelenbuurt
What is the new corona virus?
Corona viruses have been around for a long time. There are different strains. Usually these viruses only cause mild symptoms, such as colds. The new corona virus can cause more severe symptoms, such as pneumonia.
How does the corona virus spread?
The virus spreads from person to person.
- If a contaminated person coughs or sneezes, small droplets get into the air. You can breathe those in.
- These droplets can also get onto your hands, for example, if you shake hands with someone, or if someone near you sneezes. If you then touch your eyes, mouth, nose or throat with your hands, the virus can enter your body.
The sicker someone is, the more of the virus he or she spreads. Someone who’s not very sick, spreads less of the virus.
Someone without symptoms does not spread the virus.
You can’t get the virus from post or parcels. The virus can’t survive well outside of the body.
How do I prevent contamination?
Tips to help you prevent getting or spreading the virus:
- Wash your hands often with water and soap. Dry them with a paper towel and dispose of it.
- Only use hand alcohol or hand gel when there is no tap or soap available. For example after blowing your nose.
- Cough and sneeze into the inside of your elbow.
- Touch your eyes, nose and mouth as little as possible.
- Use paper tissues to blow your nose.
- Stay 2 metres away from people who are coughing or sneezing.
We are only open for new patients living in the postal area 3514. If you live in this area and want to register in our practice you can fill in this form. We will call you within 10 days to make an appointment for acquaintance. Your registration is completed after this appointment.
Monday-Friday: 08:00 – 17:00 – Telephone: 030-2714196
Emergency 08:00 – 17:00 (06) 54308669
Out of Office Hours: 088 – 130 96 70
General practice center; Burgemeester Fockema Andrealaan 60, Utrecht – Call first.
Life threatening emergencies: call 112
You can call for an appointment from 08:00 – 17:00 030-2714196
In case you need a doctor, but you are not able to come to the office for medical reasons, the doctor can do a house call. If you would like the doctor to make a home visit, please consult the assistant before 10:30 in the morning.
Consultation by telephone
When you would like to discuss a problem with the doctor by telephone (e.g. for lab results), you can let us know. The doctor will call you back.
Refills (repeat prescriptions)
When you would like to get a refill of your medication you can call the “prescription-line” 030-2714196 (choose 2).
If you are requesting the recipe before noon, you can pick up your medication at the pharmacy of your choice the next day.
More information about healthcare in The Netherlands
Here you can find all your info of healthcare in the Netherlands.