General Practitioner Vogelenbuurt
Monday-Friday: 08:00 – 17:00 – Telephone: 030-2714196
Emergency 08:00 – 17:00 (06) 54308669
Out of Office Hours: 088 – 130 96 70
General Practitioner Urgent Care Center; Burgemeester Fockema Andrealaan 60, Utrecht – Call first. More information
Life threatening emergencies: call 112
GPinfo.nl – Health information now also available in English
In our practice we see more and more internationalclients/patients. Because we want to inform them properly, we would like to introduce you to www.GPinfo.nl.
What you can find at GPinfo.nl:
- Health information in English
- Reliable and up-to-date information on the most common health issues
- How to be better prepared for your GP visit
- Tips on what you can do yourself if you feel unwell
- Information about the healthcare system in theNetherlands
All medical information is based on scientific guidelines of general practitioners and medical specialists and guidelines for mental health issues.
What is the new corona virus?
Corona viruses have been around for a long time. There are different strains. Usually these viruses only cause mild symptoms, such as colds. The new corona virus can cause more severe symptoms, such as pneumonia.
How does the corona virus spread?
The virus spreads from person to person.
- If a contaminated person coughs or sneezes, small droplets get into the air. You can breathe those in.
- These droplets can also get onto your hands, for example, if you shake hands with someone, or if someone near you sneezes. If you then touch your eyes, mouth, nose or throat with your hands, the virus can enter your body.
The sicker someone is, the more of the virus he or she spreads. Someone who’s not very sick, spreads less of the virus.
You can’t get the virus from post or parcels. The virus can’t survive well outside of the body.
How do I prevent contamination?
Tips to help you prevent getting or spreading the virus:
- Wash your hands often with water and soap. Dry them with a paper towel and dispose of it.
- Only use hand alcohol or hand gel when there is no tap or soap available. For example after blowing your nose.
- Cough and sneeze into the inside of your elbow.
- Touch your eyes, nose and mouth as little as possible.
- Use paper tissues to blow your nose.
- Stay 2 metres away from people who are coughing or sneezing.
When returning from a trip abroad that is marked as an orange area you are strongly advised to self-quarantine for 14 days immediately after returning to the Netherlands. Look on the website of the Ministery of Foreign Affairs for updated travel advise and further information.
We are only open for new patients living in the postal area 3514, 3515, 3571 and 3572. If you live in this area and want to register in our practice you can fill in this form. We will call you to get acquainted. After this telephone conversation, the registration is complete. If you need general practitioner assistance before you have received a call, please contact us by telephone.
You can call for an appointment from 08:00 – 17:00 030-2714196
In case you need a doctor, but you are not able to come to the office for medical reasons, the doctor can do a house call. If you would like the doctor to make a home visit, please consult the assistant before 10:30 in the morning.
Consultation by telephone
When you would like to discuss a problem with the doctor by telephone (e.g. for lab results), you can let us know. The doctor will call you back.
Refills (repeat prescriptions)
When you would like to get a refill of your medication you can call the “prescription-line” 030-2714196 (choose 2).
If you are requesting the recipe before noon, you can pick up your medication at the pharmacy of your choice the next day.
Invitation to participate in healthcare services survey
Healthcare providers in Utrecht are conducting a survey on the experiences of internationals with healthcare services in Utrecht region. This survey is conducted in cooperation with Healthcare for internationals (www.h4i.nl).
We invite you to participate in this anonymous survey, that can be found here: https://nl.surveymonkey.com/r/HealthUtrecht
It will take about 5-10 minutes of your time. The results of this survey will be published early next year. From the results of the survey we expect to learn to what extent our healthcare services are meeting the needs of internationals.
Thank you very much for your participation.
More information about healthcare in The Netherlands
Here you can find all your info of healthcare in the Netherlands.